CURRICULUM, DETAILS AND OPENINGS
After school weekdays are available for our 2 hour workshops:
Monday through Friday and small groups can meet at Kathi's home studio on Alamo Square. We can custom design a 4 to 8 weeks for kids from 2nd grade and up, and to any level student. A digital camera can be brought from home or use a digital camera provided by Kathi O'Leary Photography.
WHATS INCLUDED IN OUR WORKSHOPS:
* Studio work with props, tripods and studio lights. We create beautiful still-lifes and special effects, adjusting aperture and shutter speed and motion.
* Studio and natural light portraits with artful lighting and costuming
* Side trips around your location. In the past we have gone to the Twitter Building, City Hall, Asian Art museum and Hayes Valley, Haight Street, Marina, Chinatown, the Mission.
* Review of important photography for education and inspiration from the best photographers using our photo library and online photo sharing sites.
* Mac computers with various photo editing software- Photoshop, Lightroom, Portrait Pro, Corel Painter
* Organizing and editing our images in Lightroom, and layering and composting in Photoshop.
* Creation of individual galleries with best images that can be downloaded from any computer
* Use of a digital camera with manual controls for aperture, speed and ISO adjustments, and battery and media card- no extra charge but you can bring your own digital camera too!
We will work with students as young as 8. Our average age is 12. Often our workshop day is formed by a group of students from the same school/grade and similar age. Inquire about your best available days and group needs.
Our common format is 4pm to 6 pm but we can adjust to as early as 2:30 PM start time if a group of 4 would like to come together and have this customized schedule to match their school dismissal time.
CLASS SIZE and FEES:
Maximum 6 and Minimum 3 . Fee's vary with class size. From $25 to $30 per hour, Per Student, depending on class size and 1.5 hr minimum.